These conjunctival Vita characterized by purulent conjunctival cavity.
The most common are:
- pneumococcal conjunctivitis,
- acute epidemic conjunctivitis (Koch- Wicks conjunctivitis ),
- gonoblenorrhea and diphtheria of the eye (diphtheria conjunctivitis) are less common .
As a rule, it has an acute onset and is characterized by severe hyperemia of all parts of the conjunctiva, its swelling and infiltration, mucopurulent , and then profuse purulent discharge, h; the presence of “sand” in the eye, burning, itching, pain in the eye area. In the morning, the eyelids are glued together, purulent yellowish crusts on the eyelashes. The disease often occurs in one eye, and after a few days it may appear on the other, which is associated with a skid of the infection in violation of the rules for caring for the sore eye. After a week, the severity of conjunctivitis weakens.
Clinical and laboratory studies show that staphylococcal conjunctivitis occurs in almost 65% of cases of all conjunctivitis. Pathogenic staphylococci are seeded in about 90% of cases, and in almost 80% they are resistant to penicillin and chloramphenicol. The highest sensitivity of pathogenic staphylococcus is found to broad-spectrum antibiotics.
Staphylococcal conjunctivitis occur advan nificant fall and winter. The highest falls ill bridges among children aged 2-7 years. Contagiousness in compliance with sanitary rules is low.
Emergency assistance predoctor including The chaet patient isolation, washing with a solution of an eye furatsilina 1: 5000 or Rivanol 1: 1000, instillation of 30% solution sulfatsil -sodium. The patient is directed to the eye of the sheet.
For treatment of individual applied to each eye care items (pipette glass pas span of) and dressings.
- Several times a day carried washing conjunctival sac sol rum furatsilina 1: 5000, potassium permanganate, 1: 5000, or 2% solution of boric acid.
- After a thorough toilet, solutions of broad-spectrum antibiotics are instilled into the conjunctival sac (1% tetracycline solution , 1% lincomycin hydrochloride solution , etc.). Toilet antiseptics and eye drops instillation pro lead every 2-3 hours throughout the day.
- Concurrently Menno instilled into the conjunctival sac 30% solution sulfatsil -sodium , lay ointment with antibiotics (1% tetracycline, 1% eritromitsinovaya , 0.5% neomycin ointment). Treatment usually takes about 2 weeks and its goal is to obtain a complete and stable reverse development of all symptoms of conjunctivitis. Repeated clinical and laboratory monitoring of the contents of the conjunctival sac is desirable.