If your dream is disturbed by an emotional crisis, talk to your doctor. With this type of insomnia, a short-term course of temazepam (sinognapa) is good. In any case, if your stress is only aggravated by the lack of sleep, this medicine does not hurt.
The first thing to do is to take control of your worries, which climb into your head just in time for release. Select a special time in the evening, for example, a few minutes after dinner. Take your time, think and make a list of things for tomorrow. Some of the disturbing thoughts at bedtime are saved by prayer or meditation.
For the treatment of patients with mild form of sleep apnea, weight loss and sleep failure from alcohol, tranquilizers, sleeping pills and antihistamines often help.
It does not matter if you are an “owl” or “lark” to fall asleep more easily, follow the following rules.
1. Live on schedule. Try to get up every morning at the same time. Trying to compensate for lack of sleep on weekends, you only complicate your everyday routine. By the way, it’s better to go to bed at the same time.
2. Look for the sun. Research suggests that all of us need at least two hours of sunlight daily to maintain our biorhythms. However, scientists believe, most healthy old people and even many young people do not gain this quota. Men on average spend in the sun 90 minutes a day, women – 45.
3. Move on. Intense loads for three hours before hibernation can interfere with sleep, but from physical activity at an earlier time will appear a healthy evening drowsiness. In people running or walking for 40 minutes three days a week, the stages of deep sleep are longer than in the less mobile control group.
4. Do not eat at night. Get up from the table by 6:30 pm, so that dinner is properly digested.
5. Take a bath. A hot bath for an hour and a half before bedtime will increase the internal temperature of your body, which then descends. And this is a biological signal that it’s time to sleep. American scientists, after studying insomniac women 60-80 years, concluded: an evening bath with a temperature of about 40.5 ° C prolongs the time of deep (slow-wave) sleep, which is necessary to relieve fatigue.
6. Start an evening ritual. The strict daily order of preparation for release in and of itself lulls. There are lots of options. Listen to the same music, read the book.
7. Drink less. Having reduced the consumption of liquid, especially caffeine, for a couple of hours before the cessation, you will minimize the need for night trips to the toilet. Deep sleep requires a drop in body temperature. Try to hide just enough to not freeze.
8. Lie down in time. Our biorhythms are synchronized with natural cycles, including alternation of light and dark time of the day. This means we are programmed to sleep between 22:00 and 6:00. Are you used to going to bed later? Try to get up every morning for a couple of minutes earlier than yesterday. In a few days you will be sleepy in the evenings.
9. Do not smoke. Tobacco is harmful for a variety of reasons, but nicotine is also a stimulant, that is, it contributes to insomnia. If you can not quit smoking, avoid cigarettes for at least two hours before hibernation.
10. Wear socks and gloves. This dilates the blood vessels of the feet and brushes, which is important for sleep. When the body prepares to fall asleep, the vessels of the limbs expand, and as a result, the blood in them cools. Then it cools the internal organs, and the overall body temperature drops. From this
automatically tends to sleep.
11. Cool down. On cold nights, I want so much to put more blankets on myself. Do not.
12. Lie down – do not turn. Studies say: the longer stay awake, lying in bed, the more intermittent the dream. If you could not fall asleep in 20 minutes, get up and do something boring: sew, knit, listen to slow melodies without words. Until you make a nose. Soft instrumental music helps to fall asleep and sleep longer 96% of elderly patients.
13. Take the valerian. This ancient folk remedy (not to be confused with valium!) Gradually helps to fall asleep faster and improves the quality of sleep. Take a standardized extract of valerian root (droplets) in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, i.e. 30-40 minutes before ceasing. Just do not combine this herb with chemical sleeping pills, tranquilizers, antidepressants such as diazepam (seduxen, valium) and amitriptyline (tryptanol, endape). In rare cases, valerian gives a non-soothing, but stimulating effect, fraught with nervousness.
14. Try not to sleep. This time-tested method is called paradoxical intent. Do not try to sleep, restlessly turn around, look at your watch. On the contrary – focus on that, while lying in bed, do not close your eyes longer. You’ll see: soon your eyelids will begin to stick together, and you will quietly disconnect yourself.